Subject: Fwd: Re: [bug#56041] [PATCH] gnu: Add vkmark.

From: "(" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 09:13:06 +0100

Forwarded message from Tomasz Jeneralczyk on Fri Jun 17, 2022 at 10:40 PM:
On 2022-06-17 19:10, ( wrote:

> On Fri Jun 17, 2022 at 4:24 PM BST, Tomasz Jeneralczyk wrote:

> I think it's common to include an explanation of why tags aren't used 

> :)

The only tag in the repo is "2017.08" and it's a bit old considering

the latest commit was just a few days ago. I did not manage to compile

the old version successfully anyway, I suspect the api of the libraries

it uses has changed significantly in the meantime.

On the latest commit all benchmark suites run just fine for me on xcb 

backend,

and someone on irc confirmed it works on wayland too so I rolled with 

that.

Do you want me to write a comment there explaining why I used a specific 

commit?

> Nitpick: file-name usually comes after uri in most of the packages I've

> seen. Maybe run guix style, if you haven't already.

All I can tell is guix style does not do much, could not even fix this 

simple

issue.

> Why include cmake? It seems to compile without it :)

You are right. I think it is there because during building process it 

spits

out "Found CMAKE: NO" during compilation and I thought that was an 

issue.

> Maybe expand this to "Extensible benchmarking suite for Vulkan" or

> something? I'd say this synopsis is a bit too short.

your suggestion sounds good.

So do I send a new patch in this thread (with the same or a different 

subject?) or make a new thread with it?

Please only send plain-text email; see <https://useplaintext.email>. Thanks!