Subject: 29.0.50; hl-line-mode not showing on bottom line after RET

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 07:40:49 +0300

When I turn on hl-line-mode and press RET while being on the bottom line
in empty line, by pressing further RET I cannot see highlighted line
which is expected to be seen. If I go back line up, the highlighted line
will appear. Again if I go with C-n down to bottom empty line and keep
pressing RET, I do not see highlighted line which is expected to be seen.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-06-15 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: b090dbdae802b72c6c6de60c61c8487539acf197
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
hl-line iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 47329 8050)
 (symbols 48 6283 1)
 (strings 32 17829 1453)
 (string-bytes 1 562174)
 (vectors 16 12223)
 (vector-slots 8 172881 9414)
 (floats 8 23 71)
 (intervals 56 262 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns