Subject: bug#56005: bug#61642: intermittent write_wait_fd error when updating

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 22:19:17 +0200

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 at 11:46, Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> It's not, since it relates to code in the (guix substitutes) module.
>>
>> Do you mean that if "https://substitutes.nonguix.org" is incorrectly
>> configured, then the code in (guix substitutes) should handle the
>> error instead of crash with a backtrace?
>
> No, but to answer your question, yes.
>
> I don't think this is a server side code/configuration issue. Also see
> this older bug for the same issue https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56005

The Guile-GnuTLS change you submitted in
<https://gitlab.com/gnutls/guile/-/merge_requests/10> may well fix this
issue.

We have yet to put out a new Guile-GnuTLS release, but we should keep an
eye on it.

Ludo’.