Subject: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes when dragging the scroll bar with "--with-pgtk" and "--without-toolkit-scroll-bars" configure flags

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 19:38:32 +0530

I don't know whether these two features are meant to be used together, but
I still felt the need to report a potential bug.

Recipe to reproduce:
1. './configure --with-pgtk
--without-toolkit-scroll-bars --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
--enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3''
2. emacs -Q
3. Drag the scrollbar or click on the scroll area where the scrollbar is
not present
4. emacs crashes

I have attached the gdb output, if something is missing please tell me.
Thank You.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.34,
cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2022-06-14 built on archlinux
Repository revision: 03124c42019401022e58ca9ebfa9b41735957ffb
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: hi_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 43476 8688)
 (symbols 48 5707 0)
 (strings 32 15948 1629)
 (string-bytes 1 524087)
 (vectors 16 11402)
 (vector-slots 8 169757 11270)
 (floats 8 20 50)
 (intervals 56 202 0)
 (buffers 992 10))