Subject: Re: bug#55946: 29.0.50; minibuffer-mode lacks an abbrev table

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 17:26:32 -0400

>> >> I'd like to define an abbrev for minibuffer-mode but it doesn't have an
>> >> abbrev table.  There's a comment in minibuffer.el saying that this is
>> >> because abbrev.el is not loaded early enough.
>> >
>> > AFAICT, we only invoke this mode from C if it is fboundp.  So maybe
>> > try changing that, and see if both a bootstrap and a simple build run
>> > to completion OK.
>> 
>> Thanks.  I see what you mean.  Tested both of those and it works.  Shall
>> I push to master so it can receive wider testing?
>
> Let's see what Stefan thinks about this.
> Stefan, any comments?

I couldn't find the corresponding patch, so I don't know what to say.

The comment only refers to defining an abbrev table while loading
`minibuffer.el` because `minibuffer.el` was loaded by `abbrev.el`.
But AFAICT nowadays `abbrev.el` is loaded before `minibuffer.el`, so the
problem seems to have disappeared.

        Stefan