Subject: bug#55940: macOS: <ns-show-prefs> displayed as keybinding for \\[customize]

From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 13:20:08 +0200

Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Daniel Martín <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I think it's fine to only update the documentation.  We can expand the
>> text a bit and say that <ns-open-prefs> is usually sent by the OS when
>> Emacs is the front process and the user presses `Cmd-,' (comma).  This
>> is officially documented, at least for macOS
>> (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236).
>
> I did not know that, I only knew about the "Preferences" menu item.  I
> guess it should be mentioned in the documentation.
>
>> Similarly, we already say that the fonts panel event is sent with
>> `Cmd-t`.
>
> It is?

Yes, that is true for document apps on macOS (and Emacs is one of them).
You can read the documentation at
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236