Subject: Re: bug#55940: macOS: <ns-show-prefs> displayed as keybinding for \\[customize]

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 17:46:36 +0800

Daniel Martín <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think it's fine to only update the documentation.  We can expand the
> text a bit and say that <ns-open-prefs> is usually sent by the OS when
> Emacs is the front process and the user presses `Cmd-,' (comma).  This
> is officially documented, at least for macOS
> (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236).

I did not know that, I only knew about the "Preferences" menu item.  I
guess it should be mentioned in the documentation.

> Similarly, we already say that the fonts panel event is sent with
> `Cmd-t`.

It is?

> If we had common events indexed in the manuals, users could ask Emacs
> about any of them with C-h S, for example.  Improving the
> self-documenting features in Emacs is an alternative that I like more
> compared to changing the displayed text depending on if there's only
> events and no keybindings bound to a function, for example.

I already indexed the NS-specific events.