Subject: [PATCH] website: Add post on the birthday event in Paris.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 11:19:55 +0200

* website/posts/10-years-paris.md: New file.
---
 website/posts/10-years-paris.md | 62 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 62 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 website/posts/10-years-paris.md

Hi there!

Here’s an announcement I’d like to put out today (sorry for the short
notice) for the September event in Paris.  Most likely there’ll be a
followup during the summer when the program and practical details are
public.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

diff --git a/website/posts/10-years-paris.md b/website/posts/10-years-paris.md
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..ad67acb
--- /dev/null
+++ b/website/posts/10-years-paris.md
@@ -0,0 +1,62 @@
+title: Celebrating 10 years of Guix in Paris, 16–18 September
+author: Ludovic Courtès, Tanguy Le Carrour, Simon Tournier
+tags: Community, Conference, Talks
+date: 2022-06-13 14:00:00
+slug: celebrating-10-years-of-guix-in-paris
+---
+
+It’s been [ten years of
+GNU Guix](/en/blog/2022/10-years-of-stories-behind-guix/)!  To
+celebrate, and to share knowledge and enthusiasm, a [birthday
+event](https://10years.guix.gnu.org) will take place on **September
+16–18th, 2022**, in Paris, France.  The program is being finalized, but
+you can [already register](https://10years.guix.gnu.org)!
+
+![10 year anniversary artwork](/static/blog/img/10-years-of-guix_colorful-10.gif)
+
+This is a community event with several twists to it:
+
+  - Friday, September 16th, is dedicated to **reproducible research
+    workflows and high-performance computing** (HPC)—the focuses of the
+    [Guix-HPC](https://hpc.guix.info) effort.  It will consist of talks,
+    experience reports by scientists and practitioners.
+  - Saturday targets **Guix and free software enthusiasts**, users and
+    developers alike.  We will reflect on ten years of Guix, show what
+    it has to offer, and present on-going developments and future
+    directions.
+  - on Sunday, users, developers, developers-to-be, and other
+    contributors will **discuss technical and community topics** and
+    join forces for hacking sessions, [unconference
+    style](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference).
+
+[Check out the web site](https://10years.guix.gnu.org) and consider
+registering as soon as possible so we can better estimate the size of
+the birthday cake!
+
+If you’re interested in presenting a topic, in facilitating a session,
+or in organizing a hackathon, please get in touch with the organizers at
[email-masked]` and we’ll be happy to make room for you.
+We’re also looking for people to help with logistics, in particular
+during the event; please let us know if you can give a hand.
+
+Whether you’re a scientist, an enthusiast, or a power user, we’d love to
+see you in September.  Stay tuned for updates!
+
+
+#### About GNU Guix
+
+[GNU Guix](https://guix.gnu.org) is a transactional package manager and
+an advanced distribution of the GNU system that [respects user
+freedom](https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html).
+Guix can be used on top of any system running the Hurd or the Linux
+kernel, or it can be used as a standalone operating system distribution
+for i686, x86_64, ARMv7, AArch64 and POWER9 machines.
+
+In addition to standard package management features, Guix supports
+transactional upgrades and roll-backs, unprivileged package management,
+per-user profiles, and garbage collection.  When used as a standalone
+GNU/Linux distribution, Guix offers a declarative, stateless approach to
+operating system configuration management.  Guix is highly customizable
+and hackable through [Guile](https://www.gnu.org/software/guile)
+programming interfaces and extensions to the
+[Scheme](http://schemers.org) language.

base-commit: 8bf998bd469f5503fa221e331dd89ab746dcd1d2
-- 
2.36.1