Subject: Re: [PATCH] services: docker: Fix race condition.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:10:37 -0400

Hi Oleg,

Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Fixes <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/38432>.
>
> * gnu/packages/patches/containerd-create-pid-file.patch: New file.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add this.
> * gnu/packages/docker.scm (containerd)[source]: Add this patch.
> * gnu/services/docker.scm
> (containerd-shepherd-service): Add #:pid-file and #:pid-file-timeout.
> * gnu/services/docker.scm (docker-shepherd-service): Add --containerd flag.

Thanks for this, it looks promising!

Before we go forward though, had you consider using a
'make-systemd-constructor' as now available in Shepherd 0.9+ ?  I
remember Docker supports systemd socket activation for synchronizing its
services; it could be a simpler, no-code solution.

Would you like to give it a try?

Thanks,

Maxim