Subject: bug#55933: Fails download of quix 1.3 virtual machine

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 23:14:29 +0200

Thomas,

Thanks for the report.  I'm CC'ing <[email-masked]> as documented 
here[0] to get their opinion.

Thomas C Kosvic 写道：
> [0] does not download a file, it tries to open the file in 
> thevrowser.

This is not universal: it works fine in Firefox 100.

However, there does seem to be an inconsistency with the GNU FTP 
server:

~ λ curl -LI 
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-system-install-1.3.0.x86_64-linux.iso 
|
    grep Content-Type
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Content-Type: application/x-iso9660-image

~ λ curl -LI 
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-system-vm-image-1.3.0.x86_64-linux.qcow2 
|
    grep Content-Type
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff

The QCOW2 response is missing a Content-Type, whilst asking 
browsers not to sniff it for themselves.  Apparently your browser 
is making an exceptionally bad call.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-system-vm-image-1.3.0.x86_64-linux.qcow2
[1]: https://ftp.gnu.org/