Subject: [bug#55931] [PATCH] gnu: java-commons-lang3: Update to 3.12.0

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:50:29 +0200

Le Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:40:35 +0300,
"Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> Hello,
> 
> this patch updates 'java-commons-lang3' to 3.12.0.
> 
> The update is required to add 'java-commons-text' package.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> - Artyom
> 

Hi!

The patch looks good and almost works. Unfortunately, the pom file
makes java-jmh fail eventually:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0:enforce
(enforce-maven) on project jmh-parent: Execution enforce-maven of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0:enforce failed:
Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0 or one of
its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies
at org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:jar:3.0.0 ->
org.apache.maven:maven-artifact:jar:3.8.5 ->
org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:jar:3.12.0: Failed to read artifact
descriptor for org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:jar:3.12.0: Cannot
access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) in offline mode
and the artifact org.junit:junit-bom:pom:5.7.1 has not been downloaded
from it before. -> [Help 1]

From what I understand, maven tries to get org.junit:junit-bom because
it is referenced in commons-lang3's pom file, but we don't have it. This
is the only reference to junit-bom though:

<dependencyManagement>
<dependencies>
 <dependency>
  <groupId>org.junit</groupId>
  <artifactId>junit-bom</artifactId>
  <version>5.7.1</version>
  <type>pom</type>
  <scope>import</scope>
 </dependency>
</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

I don't know maven well enough, so I'm not sure what that means, but is
junit-bom really needed? Do you think you could add a phase to remove
this dependencyManagement part of the pom file? It wouldn't be the
first time we modify a pom file to make maven happy later in the
dependency chain.

Otherwise, all packages build fine with this update :)