Subject: 29.0.50; Removing some items from Emacs FAQ for MS Windows

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:25:00 +0200

Hi all,

I'd like to ask it makes sense to remove some items from FAQ for MS
Windows in "11 Other useful ports"[1], namely:

  11.4 UWIN
  http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/

  UWIN is another POSIX emulation environment, like Cygwin and MSYS,
  that provides a large number of ported tools. The shell used by UWIN
  is ksh, the Korn shell.

The link is gone.  I did a quick search but could not find a
replacement.

  11.5 GnuWin32

  http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/

  GnuWin32 provides precompiled native Windows ports of a wide selection
  of Free software and libraries. Unfortunately, the ports are
  outdated.

Outdated means last announcement is from 2010, the project looks
dormant.

Maybe an entry for Msys2 should be added?  I can send a proposal, but
before that, I'd like to know how people think about it.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/efaq-w32.html#Other-useful-ports