Subject: bug#55928: closed (alacritty (Rust) is not reproducible)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 20:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55928: alacritty (Rust) is not reproducible

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55928: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55928
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: alacritty (Rust) is not reproducible
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 20:45:35 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Ludo,

It looks like it's self healed:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(guix/linux-gnu)[sharlatan@guxtil ~]$: guix describe
Generation 5    Mar 29 2024 19:22:49    (current)
  guix 423ca23
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 423ca234cbd7b4902fd2a3fbc089a6fd57ed5583
(guix/linux-gnu)[sharlatan@guxtil ~]$: guix challenge alacritty

1 store items were analyzed:
  - 1 (100.0%) were identical
  - 0 (0.0%) differed
  - 0 (0.0%) were inconclusive
(guix/linux-gnu)[sharlatan@guxtil ~]$: guix build alacritty --check
The following graft will be made:
   /gnu/store/ypq71v642idqm4if2sisb1dkycmprdx2-alacritty-0.13.1.drv
applying 16 grafts for alacritty-0.13.1 ...
grafting '/gnu/store/argc7bnl3ag5zdzy0j4aw2klnl79zi9f-alacritty-0.13.1' -> '/gnu/store/hc8677ij4w2jr6mh947xb4zkz8pxv829-alacritty-0.13.1'...
successfully built /gnu/store/ypq71v642idqm4if2sisb1dkycmprdx2-alacritty-0.13.1.drv
successfully built /gnu/store/ypq71v642idqm4if2sisb1dkycmprdx2-alacritty-0.13.1.drv
/gnu/store/hc8677ij4w2jr6mh947xb4zkz8pxv829-alacritty-0.13.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Closing as resolved.

---
Oleg

Subject: alacritty (Rust) is not reproducible
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:41:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix describe
Generation 217  Jun 07 2022 00:39:25    (current)
  guix 5850f1e
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 5850f1e99ac8296c47cb42b1f6b222e8fa669eed
$ guix challenge alacritty 
/gnu/store/y4w33mh7h2lfh50x70lm1p6wjdcwk28y-alacritty-0.9.0 contents differ:
  no local build for '/gnu/store/y4w33mh7h2lfh50x70lm1p6wjdcwk28y-alacritty-0.9.0'
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/y4w33mh7h2lfh50x70lm1p6wjdcwk28y-alacritty-0.9.0: 0bgdq8srfrrzivy556cnijmkpbbvlcck2xa5hp3id93ajs03qifm
  https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/y4w33mh7h2lfh50x70lm1p6wjdcwk28y-alacritty-0.9.0: 16bqjjf4lrjz6nrz7ppq5cf1fd7dhd8rwljlxwc7kfjz4afd36yc
  differing file:
    /bin/alacritty

1 store items were analyzed:
  - 0 (0.0%) were identical
  - 1 (100.0%) differed
  - 0 (0.0%) were inconclusive
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The diffoscope output shows that ELF sections don’t have the same size:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
│ │   --- /tmp/guix-directory.9p13xN/bin/alacritty
│ ├── +++ /tmp/guix-directory.MKjJ9z/bin/alacritty
│ │ ├── readelf --wide --program-header {}
│ │ │ @@ -6,22 +6,22 @@
│ │ │  Program Headers:
│ │ │    Type           Offset   VirtAddr           PhysAddr           FileSiz  MemSiz   Flg Align
│ │ │    PHDR           0x000040 0x0000000000000040 0x0000000000000040 0x000310 0x000310 R   0x8
│ │ │    INTERP         0x000350 0x0000000000000350 0x0000000000000350 0x000050 0x000050 R   0x1
│ │ │        [Requesting program interpreter: /gnu/store/5h2w4qi9hk1qzzgi1w83220ydslinr4s-glibc-2.33/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2]
│ │ │    LOAD           0x000000 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000 0x056ba0 0x056ba0 R   0x100
0
│ │ │    LOAD           0x057000 0x0000000000057000 0x0000000000057000 0x3eeacd 0x3eeacd R E 0x100
0
│ │ │ +  LOAD           0x446000 0x0000000000446000 0x0000000000446000 0x0f4ed4 0x0f4ed4 R   0x100
0
│ │ │ -  LOAD           0x446000 0x0000000000446000 0x0000000000446000 0x0f4e4c 0x0f4e4c R   0x100
0
│ │ │    LOAD           0x53b560 0x000000000053c560 0x000000000053c560 0x03e160 0x044990 RW  0x100
0
│ │ │    DYNAMIC        0x574598 0x0000000000575598 0x0000000000575598 0x0002a0 0x0002a0 RW  0x8
│ │ │    NOTE           0x0003a0 0x00000000000003a0 0x00000000000003a0 0x000020 0x000020 R   0x8
│ │ │    NOTE           0x0003c0 0x00000000000003c0 0x00000000000003c0 0x000020 0x000020 R   0x4
│ │ │    TLS            0x53b560 0x000000000053c560 0x000000000053c560 0x000058 0x0000f8 R   0x10
│ │ │    GNU_PROPERTY   0x0003a0 0x00000000000003a0 0x00000000000003a0 0x000020 0x000020 R   0x8
│ │ │ +  GNU_EH_FRAME   0x4c38f0 0x00000000004c38f0 0x00000000004c38f0 0x009d8c 0x009d8c R   0x4
│ │ │ -  GNU_EH_FRAME   0x4c3868 0x00000000004c3868 0x00000000004c3868 0x009d8c 0x009d8c R   0x4
│ │ │    GNU_STACK      0x000000 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000 0x000000 0x000000 RW  0x10
│ │ │    GNU_RELRO      0x53b560 0x000000000053c560 0x000000000053c560 0x039aa0 0x039aa0 R   0x1
│ │ │  
│ │ │   Section to Segment mapping:
│ │ │    Segment Sections...
│ │ │     00     
│ │ │     01     .interp
│ │ ├── readelf --wide --sections {}
│ │ │ @@ -15,19 +15,19 @@
│ │ │    [10] .rela.dyn         RELA            0000000000003ab8 003ab8 0530d0 18   A  6   0  8
│ │ │    [11] .rela.plt         RELA            0000000000056b88 056b88 000018 18  AI  6  28  8
│ │ │    [12] .init             PROGBITS        0000000000057000 057000 000017 00  AX  0   0  4
│ │ │    [13] .plt              PROGBITS        0000000000057020 057020 000020 10  AX  0   0 16
│ │ │    [14] .plt.got          PROGBITS        0000000000057040 057040 000008 08  AX  0   0  8
│ │ │    [15] .text             PROGBITS        0000000000057050 057050 3eea71 00  AX  0   0 16
│ │ │    [16] .fini             PROGBITS        0000000000445ac4 445ac4 000009 00  AX  0   0  4
│ │ │ +  [17] .rodata           PROGBITS        0000000000446000 446000 07d8cb 00   A  0   0 16
│ │ │ +  [18] .debug_gdb_scripts PROGBITS        00000000004c38cb 4c38cb 000022 01 AMS  0   0  1
│ │ │ +  [19] .eh_frame_hdr     PROGBITS        00000000004c38f0 4c38f0 009d8c 00   A  0   0  4
│ │ │ +  [20] .eh_frame         PROGBITS        00000000004cd680 4cd680 048588 00   A  0   0  8
│ │ │ +  [21] .gcc_except_table PROGBITS        0000000000515c08 515c08 0252cc 00   A  0   0  4
│ │ │ -  [17] .rodata           PROGBITS        0000000000446000 446000 07d843 00   A  0   0 16
│ │ │ -  [18] .debug_gdb_scripts PROGBITS        00000000004c3843 4c3843 000022 01 AMS  0   0  1
│ │ │ -  [19] .eh_frame_hdr     PROGBITS        00000000004c3868 4c3868 009d8c 00   A  0   0  4
│ │ │ -  [20] .eh_frame         PROGBITS        00000000004cd5f8 4cd5f8 048588 00   A  0   0  8
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ludo’.