Subject: Re: bug#55926: 29.0.50; message.el does not normalize In-Reply-To field from web links

From: Max Nikulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 23:11:45 +0700

On 13/06/2022 23:33, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 23:14:39 +0700
>> From: Max Nikulin
>>
>> Certainly lists.gnu.org should be fixed, but its maintainers are likely
>> busy with other activities.
> 
> I suggest to write to [email-masked], that's where you can find the
> maintainers of lists.gnu.org.

They are aware of the problem.

I am not sure to which degree it is expensive to regenerate pages for 
all messages from all mail lists hosted on lists.gnu.org.

I do not mind web sites should be strict concerning links they generate.

On the other hand it is Emacs that sends mails with invalid header. That 
is why I asked to add a workaround for a mistake that can be easily made 
by soft on external sites.

Unsure if it is possible to do something really weird through a 
specially crafted mailto: link (by adding some special headers), but it 
looks like it is possible to add something that sender may not like to 
see in its message. So it is better to sanitize input link parameters 
that are used to generate headers.

P.S. From my opinion lists.debian.org and bugs.debian.org are more 
friendly to mail users than lists.gnu.org and debbugs.gnu.org.