Subject: bug#55919: 29.0.50; package-menu-filter-by-archive fails to exclude nongnu when filtering for gnu

From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 09:26:15 +0300

1. Run emacs -Q
2. Type M-x list-packages
3. Type / a
4. Type gnu RET
5. Only packages from the "gnu" archive should appear, but "nongnu"
entries remain

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin21.5.0, NS appkit-2113.50 Version 12.4 (Build 21F79))
 of 2022-06-06 built on Some-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: 138d2f22f731bc3faf6de26b67e2b50ce9131541
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.4

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-json --with-xwidgets --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Package Menu

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mailalias mailclient textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping uni-confusable
textsec-check dabbrev shadow sort mail-extr shortdoc help-fns radix-tree
emacsbug crm mm-archive message sendmail yank-media dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util text-property-search time-date
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils
cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit gnutls network-stream url-http
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw
nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth epg rfc6068 epg-config
display-line-numbers comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra help-mode
finder-inf package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq
gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 235934 40305)
 (symbols 48 11375 6)
 (strings 32 57430 2090)
 (string-bytes 1 1381815)
 (vectors 16 27221)
 (vector-slots 8 587297 27137)
 (floats 8 164 153)
 (intervals 56 13158 72)
 (buffers 992 16))