Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] home: Add OpenSSH service.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 14:16:46 +0200

> I’d rather have ‘computed-file’ do just what it’s documented to do;
> I don’t think this kind of thing belongs there (It’s beyond the scope
> of this patch set too.)

The documentation of ‘computed-file’ can be modified to document it
uses a non-broken file name encoding instead of the broken default. 
Though something for a separate patch I suppose.

Ludovic Courtès schreef op do 16-06-2022 om 12:47 [+0200]:
> Ideally Guile would just do the right thing without us fiddling with
> locales.  That is, it would default to UTF-8 rather than ASCII.

I did a quick test, and apparently Guile calls nl_langinfo to determine
the encoding, which returns ANSI_X3.4-1968, because glibc defaults to
the C locale.  So unless you want to change the encoding of the C
locale or change the default locale or override glibc's choice of
default locale in Guile, I don't think there's anything to change in
Guile?

Greetins,
Maxime.