Subject: Re: bug#55900: [PATCH] Hierarchy – Defer the Computation of Children

From: Jaft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 19:14:15 +0000 (UTC)

Sorry about that, Eli. Looks like it was a typo, on my part; I could've sworn I'd went through and, you know, run each of these tests when I'd first made them so I'm sorry this one seemed to've slipped through. It looks to be passing, now, with the proper values in place.
    On Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 12:17:37 PM CDT, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:  
 
 > Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 16:13:05 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Jaft <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> I've submitted my copyright assignment and've been informed it's been completed.
> 
> We should be ready to proceed, as far as I understand.

Thanks.  I installed the changeset, but one of the tests you added
fails here:

  Test hierarchy-delayed-add-trees backtrace:
    signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (hierarchy-children hierarch
    ert-fail(((should (equal (hierarchy-children hierarchy '191) '(190 1
    (if (unwind-protect (setq value-714 (apply fn-712 args-713)) (setq f
    (let (form-description-716) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-714 (app
    (let ((value-714 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-715)) (let (form-descr
    (let* ((fn-712 #'equal) (args-713 (condition-case err (let ((signal-
    (let ((parentfn #'(lambda (item) (cond ((eql item ...) '191) ((eql i
    (closure (t) nil (let ((parentfn #'(lambda (item) (cond (... ...) (.
    ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
    ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name hierarchy-delayed-add-trees :document
    ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
    ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))) #f(compil
    ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))))
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativeco
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :n
    command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test hierarchy-delayed-add-trees condition:
      (ert-test-failed
      ((should
    (equal
      (hierarchy-children hierarchy ...)
      '(190 190.5)))
    :form
    (equal
    (190.5)
    (190 190.5))
    :value nil :explanation
    (proper-lists-of-different-length 1 2
                      (190.5)
                      (190 190.5)
                      first-mismatch-at 0)))
    FAILED  24/68  hierarchy-delayed-add-trees (0.000000 sec) at lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy-tests.el:685

Could you please work on fixing this test?

Thanks.

From d1f00a672953cfb1a58959cd32f09ae63a4172ee Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: "Wamm K. D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 14:07:03 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] Fix failing test for package Hierarchy

This fixes a typo in one of the tests of Hierarchy which was causing
the test to fail.

* test/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy-tests.el: Fix typo in hierarchy-delayed-add-trees
---
 test/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy-tests.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/test/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy-tests.el b/test/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy-tests.el
index d83460a2ba..97a0f7ba52 100644
--- a/test/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy-tests.el
+++ b/test/lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy-tests.el
@@ -689,7 +689,7 @@ and then create a list of the number plus 0.0–0.9."
                       (190.5 '191)
                       (191 '192))))
         (hierarchy (hierarchy-new)))
-    (hierarchy-add-trees hierarchy '(191 190.5) parentfn
+    (hierarchy-add-trees hierarchy '(190 190.5) parentfn
                          #'hierarchy-examples-delayed--childrenfn nil t)
     (should (equal (hierarchy-roots hierarchy) '(192)))
     (should (equal (hierarchy-children hierarchy '192) '(191)))
-- 
2.38.0