Subject: bug#55900: [PATCH] Hierarchy – Defer the Computation of Children

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 20:17:26 +0300

> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 16:13:05 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Jaft <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> I've submitted my copyright assignment and've been informed it's been completed.
> 
> We should be ready to proceed, as far as I understand.

Thanks.  I installed the changeset, but one of the tests you added
fails here:

  Test hierarchy-delayed-add-trees backtrace:
    signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (hierarchy-children hierarch
    ert-fail(((should (equal (hierarchy-children hierarchy '191) '(190 1
    (if (unwind-protect (setq value-714 (apply fn-712 args-713)) (setq f
    (let (form-description-716) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-714 (app
    (let ((value-714 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-715)) (let (form-descr
    (let* ((fn-712 #'equal) (args-713 (condition-case err (let ((signal-
    (let ((parentfn #'(lambda (item) (cond ((eql item ...) '191) ((eql i
    (closure (t) nil (let ((parentfn #'(lambda (item) (cond (... ...) (.
    ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
    ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name hierarchy-delayed-add-trees :document
    ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
    ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))) #f(compil
    ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))))
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativeco
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :n
    command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test hierarchy-delayed-add-trees condition:
      (ert-test-failed
       ((should
	 (equal
	  (hierarchy-children hierarchy ...)
	  '(190 190.5)))
	:form
	(equal
	 (190.5)
	 (190 190.5))
	:value nil :explanation
	(proper-lists-of-different-length 1 2
					  (190.5)
					  (190 190.5)
					  first-mismatch-at 0)))
     FAILED  24/68  hierarchy-delayed-add-trees (0.000000 sec) at lisp/emacs-lisp/hierarchy-tests.el:685

Could you please work on fixing this test?

Thanks.