Subject: Re: bug#55896: [PATCH] gnu: Add python-pybare.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 16:33:20 -0400

Hello,

jgart <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Hi Maxime, no worries. Take your time. The review is much appreciated.
>
> I just looked at the sources again myself and noticed that the tests
> use pre-generated BARE binaries to test against.
>
> See here:
>
> https://git.sr.ht/~chiefnoah/pybare/tree/master/item/bare/test_encoder.py#L225
>
> and here:
>
> https://git.sr.ht/~chiefnoah/pybare/tree/master/item/bare/_examples
>
> Should I ask the author if they can provide a way to generate those
> binaries for testing instead of vendoring the pre-compiled binaries
> without their sources?

Yes, please ask.  Otherwise, we'll have to delete the binaries from
unknown source in a source snippet and not run the test suite...

Thank you!

Maxim