Subject: Re: bug#55883: [PATCH] Update X Primary Selection with active regions

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 16:02:30 +0300

> From: Duncan Findlay <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 18:58:16 -0700
> Cc: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Oops. I'm sorry I missed that, and thank you for the quick fixes! It
> looks like you renamed the variable, and put it in frame.el with
> 7e1f84fa3bc7dfd84415813889c91070c0759da2 and
> 4e68166d77cdd0f3b84c9bf5681f6a95e51ad238. I assume that means that
> frame.el is always loaded in tests, and that xterm.el is sometimes not
> loaded?

frame.el is preloaded, so it is present in every Emacs session, yes.
xterm.el is only loaded when Emacs needs to display some frame on a
TTY terminal emulated by xterm.

> I don't have a problem with the current fix, though I'm wondering if
> the attached patch would have worked too?

I considered that, but I don't like to have variables related to xterm
(or any other particular terminal type) in a general-purpose
infrastructure code.  I apologize for not realizing this adverse
effect earlier.