Subject: Re: bug#55879: 29.0.50; Missing ALL argument in find-sibling-file

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 18:09:22 +0200

Jose A Ortega Ruiz <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was thinking of reusing the sibling files mechanism programmatically,
> outside the mere "find a single file" scenario.  For instance, i have a
> few functions that associate a list of note org files to a single pdf,
> and i might want to display them all (perhaps in other window), or add
> text to one of them (with the decision of which one taken
> programmatically, depending on context)... For cases like that, i would
> start with the result of obtaining the list of siblings inside my
> commands, and find-sibling-file--search looked like the function doing
> that.

find-sibling-file--search is there to find matches in the
`find-sibling-rules' variable, which is a user option, and returns
values in an order that's appropriate for the commmand.  It sounds like
you want something slightly different, really -- pass in the rules,
perhaps?  But I'm not sure that really makes that much sense, either,
because associating org files with a pdf sounds like something you'd
want a data file for, really...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no