Subject: bug#55879: 29.0.50; Missing ALL argument in find-sibling-file

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:00:11 +0100

On Sat, Jun 11 2022, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Jose A Ortega Ruiz <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Lars, perhaps it'd be a good idea to make find-sibling-file--search a
>> public function, so that it can be used from elisp? (i know it already
>> can be used, you know what i mean :))
>
> It's just a helper function for `find-sibling-file' -- do you have a use
> case for it outside of that command?

I was thinking of reusing the sibling files mechanism programmatically,
outside the mere "find a single file" scenario.  For instance, i have a
few functions that associate a list of note org files to a single pdf,
and i might want to display them all (perhaps in other window), or add
text to one of them (with the decision of which one taken
programmatically, depending on context)... For cases like that, i would
start with the result of obtaining the list of siblings inside my
commands, and find-sibling-file--search looked like the function doing
that.

Cheers,
jao
-- 
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my
body. Then I realized who was telling me this.
  -Emo Phillips, comedian, actor