Subject: bug#55870: GNU Emacs 26.3, Select All(C-x h) does not work

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 16:42:59 +0530

[Wednesday July 13, 2022] Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> The file doesn't even come up as Chinese when opening it with "emacs
> -Q chinese-book.txt", so there's some additional steps needed to
> reproduce the problem.

If I switch to the Chinese-GB environment and revert the buffer, some
Chinese text shows up here. 

Options > Multilingual Environment > Set Language Environment > Chinese > Chinese-GB

I tried M-w a couple of times, but the memory usage before and after
didn't change much (the Mem number in proced didn't go up by much)
here's `free -h' before and after M-w M-w:

Before:

               total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           3.7Gi       1.3Gi       905Mi       125Mi       1.5Gi       2.1Gi
Swap:          4.0Gi       715Mi       3.3Gi

After:

               total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           3.7Gi       1.3Gi       897Mi       130Mi       1.6Gi       2.1Gi
Swap:          4.0Gi       715Mi       3.3Gi