Subject: bug#55869: [PATCH] Add support for the Lepcha script

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:01:44 +0530

>Thanks, I installed this.

great, thank you!

>> +Lepcha (ᰛᰩᰵ) ᰂᰦᰕᰥᰬ

>Can you tell where did you take this name of the script (or is it >the language)?
Both Wikipedia and the Omniglot pages show >names that look differently and
are written with different >codepoints.

I copied the name from the infobox in the Wikipedia page for the Lepcha
script (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepcha_script) it says "Rong" which
is one of the native name of the script, one other name is "Rong Ring"
which is written in the image of the Wikipedia infobox and also in the
omniglot website (https://omniglot.com/writing/lepcha.htm) both are correct.
(Atleast according to these websites)

Also if you have some trouble deciphering what a script says try using this
nice website: aksharamukha.appspot.com/ for transliteration to a script
familiar to you.
I also plan to implement a functionality like this in Emacs, though that
will take some time.

शनि, 11 जून 2022, 2:47 pm को Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> ने लिखा:

> > From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
> >  <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 19:59:51 +0530
> >
> > The Lepcha script is added to Emacs this time.
> > I have also adjusted some whitespace in the newly added Kharoshthi
> language environment.
>
> Thanks, I installed this.
>
> > +Lepcha (ᰛᰩᰵ) ᰂᰦᰕᰥᰬ
>
> Can you tell where did you take this name of the script (or is it the
> language)?  Both Wikipedia and the Omniglot pages show names that look
> differently and are written with different codepoints.
>