Subject: Re: bug#55863: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Avoid hanging chad of *Backtrace*

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 21:02:44 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I don't think you can usefully interact with it after exiting the
>> recursive edit?  That is, I think all the stuff that's bound in the
>> `debug' command (debugger-outer-match-data etc etc) has to continue to
>> be bound...
>
> Even if the links don't work, the backtrace itself provides valuable
> information (and fining the functions is trivial with M-. so we don't
> really need the links).

I was mostly thinking about the eval-in-frame stuff, which is what I
find most useful.

If it's hard to keep that around after exiting from the recursive edit,
we might just have an `inactive-backtrace' mode that disables the
commands that don't work?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no