Subject: bug#55863: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Avoid hanging chad of *Backtrace*

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 18:50:34 +0000

(Apologies for not following this thread.
Please ignore if not relevant.)

I'm just wondering whether option
`debugger-bury-or-kill' might be relevant here.

The default value is `bury'.  I'm guessing
maybe setting the value to `kill' would help
with what's being requested.

------------8<----------------
debugger-bury-or-kill is a variable defined in `debug.el'.

Its value is 'bury'

Documentation:
What to do with the debugger buffer when exiting `debug'.
The value affects the behavior of operations on any window
previously showing the debugger buffer.

nil means that if its window is not deleted when exiting the
  debugger, invoking `switch-to-prev-buffer' will usually show
  the debugger buffer again.

`append' means that if the window is not deleted, the debugger
  buffer moves to the end of the window's previous buffers so
  it's less likely that a future invocation of
  `switch-to-prev-buffer' will switch to it.  Also, it moves the
  buffer to the end of the frame's buffer list.

`bury' means that if the window is not deleted, its buffer is
  removed from the window's list of previous buffers.  Also, it
  moves the buffer to the end of the frame's buffer list.  This
  value provides the most reliable remedy to not have
  `switch-to-prev-buffer' switch to the debugger buffer again
  without killing the buffer.

`kill' means to kill the debugger buffer.

The value used here is passed to `quit-restore-window'.

You can customize this variable.

This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
version 24.3 of Emacs.
------------8<----------------