Subject: Re: bug#5586: 23.1.92.1; Electric indentation and hungry backspace deletion in JavaScript mode (js-mode)

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 01:03:00 -0400

On 2/16/10 5:31 PM, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> Package: emacs
> Severity: wishlist
> 
> JavaScript is quite similar in syntax to C-like languages (Java, C++
> etc.), so it's natural to use the same editing techniques for it.  It
> would be nice if Emacs gave JS mode a more "familiar" feel.
> 
> For me, the most wanted features are electric indentation and hungry
> backspace.  I.e. when typing '{', '(' or a similar control character
> the current line would be automatically reindented.  And backspace
> would delete all space characters to the left of the point, not just
> one.
> 
> Paul

espresso-mode actually had electric indentation when I submitted it for
inclusion in Emacs. Can we restore that functionality?