Subject: [bug#55845] [PATCH 0/1] Improve pager selection logic when less is not installed

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 14:39:37 +0200

Hello,

Taiju HIGASHI <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I only discovered the problem, I was able to implement it mostly thanks
> to Maxime and Tobias!
> The code review experience was so good that I even posted the following
> :)
> https://fosstodon.org/web/@taiju/108458633893022791
> https://fosstodon.org/web/@taiju/108458643302758263

Heh, good to know that it was a positive experience!

> I'd like to know for future contributions.
> I like functional programming and I love compose, (ice-9
> curried-definitions), and SRFI 26 in my programs, but should I use them
> less in the code I put in Guix?

Probably.  It’s tempting to use these if you come with a Haskell
background, say.  But in some cases, they make things less readable;
that’s the case with the way ‘make-dummy-file’ was written IMO.

Guix code uses SRFI-26 in some places; I think (ice-9
curried-definitions) is not used anywhere but I think it’s fine to use
it if it helps.

Thanks,
Ludo’.