Subject: Re: bug#55845: [PATCH 0/1] Improve pager selection logic when less is not installed

From: Taiju HIGASHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 09:38:16 +0900

Hi Ludovic,

> Applied with the cosmetic changes below, mostly aiming to visually
> simplify the code and make it consistent with the rest.

Thank you for the correction and application!

> It’s great that you went to great lengths to implement tests for this,
> as Maxime had suggested.  To me, the complexity of a test must be
> justified by its “bug-finding performance”; in this particular case, I
> think we’re borderline: the tests are a little bit complex and unlikely
> to find new bugs.
>
> Thanks for all the work and for your feedback on your experience
> programming with Guile!

I only discovered the problem, I was able to implement it mostly thanks
to Maxime and Tobias!
The code review experience was so good that I even posted the following
:)
https://fosstodon.org/web/@taiju/108458633893022791
https://fosstodon.org/web/@taiju/108458643302758263

I'd like to know for future contributions.
I like functional programming and I love compose, (ice-9
curried-definitions), and SRFI 26 in my programs, but should I use them
less in the code I put in Guix?

Thanks,
--
Taiju