Subject: Re: [bug#55845] [PATCH 1/1] ui: Improve pager selection logic when less is not installed.

From: Taiju HIGASHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 17:52:40 +0900

> Taiju HIGASHI schreef op vr 10-06-2022 om 09:55 [+0900]:
>> I feel I have a limited vocabulary available to me in Guile or Scheme
>> (as well as in English...) , but functions like pk were not included in
>> Guile's reference or Scheme's reference, so I thought my chances of
>> knowing them were quite limited. (I didn't know about in-vicinity
>> either, but now that I know it is in SRFI.)
>
> Didn't know it was part of a SRFI.

Yes, but in Guile it behaves in a way that makes it useful for
constructing path strings, but when I checked the SRFI specification[0],
the behavior seems to be different from that of the SRFI specification.
(in-vicinity = string-append)

I wonder if this is a subtle specification, since Gauche, which
implements many SRFIs, did not have it either...

>> Are these the kind of things you learn by reading the source?
>
> Yes, some things aren't documented.  Though if interested, feel free to
> doucment them.

Thank you!
This is not a complaint about the documentation. I just wanted to know
how people as proficient in Guile as you guys learned Guile.
I am glad to know that I can learn by getting suggestions for better
code implementation through code reviews, etc.

But, I thought it would be a good idea to include functions like pk in
the documentation, since the efficiency of development depends on
knowing them.

[0]: https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-59/srfi-59.html

Thanks,
-- 
Taiju