Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Improve pager selection logic when less is not installed

From: Taiju HIGASHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 19:21:24 +0900

Hi,

The problem rarely occurs, but when we run guix commands in an environment
where "less" is not installed we get an error.

This is the same problem reported at the following URL
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1012405

If "more" could be specified as an alternative program to "less", the problem
would be less likely to occur at least in a POSIX environment. Also, I would
like to avoid using the pager in special environments where "more" is not
installed at all.

I have written a patch to solve the above.

I am concerned about performance degradation due to more unnecessary
processing.
If you have another good solution, please let me know.
Also, if you feel that this is a minor issue and not worth addressing, please
feel free to dismiss it. (Still, a fix to make the error message more friendly
might be a good idea.)

Best Regards,

Taiju HIGASHI (1):
  ui: Improve pager selection logic when less is not installed.

 guix/ui.scm | 10 +++++++++-
 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--
2.36.1