Subject: [bug#55845] [PATCH 1/1] ui: Improve pager selection logic when less is not installed.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 17:08:13 +0200

[Please keep debbugs in CC]

Taiju HIGASHI schreef op wo 08-06-2022 om 22:33 [+0900]:
> > Ideally there would be some regression tests as well.
> 
> I think I can write tests if I can figure out how to give a minimal
> specific package to the test preconditions, do you have any test
> codes
> that are similar and can be used as a reference?

Not really, but FWIW it might be convenient to use the
with-environment-variables macro and mock the call to open-pipe* with
the 'mock' macro to make sure that open-pipe* is called with the
‘correct’ pager according to PATH (*).  Searching for 'mock' with "git
grep -F" should find some examples.

(*) call-with-temporary-directory + chmod + call-with-output-file may
be useful for setting up a simulated $PATH with a dummy 'less' and/or
'more'.

Greetings,
Maxime.