Subject: bug#56833: closed (Re: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 11:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55836: 29.0.50; suspend-frame causes emacs to stop responding

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55836: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55836
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 19:50:45 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tino Calancha <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 9 Nov 2022, Po Lu wrote:
>
>> However, with something similar the second change, it seems to work for
>> at least half of our users, which is better than having iconification
>> work for nobody at all.  So would you be so kind as to check if the bug
>> is now fixed on master?
>
> Your patch fixes the issue in my test machine [1].
> Thank you!

Thanks.  I'm closing this bug then.

Subject: 29.0.50; suspend-frame causes emacs to stop responding
From: Olivier Crête <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 14:01:48 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm running with emacs pgtk under Wayland.

I suspect this is similar to bug #24119. If I do C-z, calling suspend,
it hides the window, but if I try to "restore" it, the main emacs
window
doesn't update anymore, I can only access the menus and top bar.

Olivier

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2022-07-14 built on a522b9aae9cf45e9868103ec13e1f348
System Description: Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-
png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-gpm=no
 --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-harfbuzz --with-cairo --with-
json
 --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation --enable-link-time-optimization
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-
strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig CXX=g++
 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g
 -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-
strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-
protection''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/ocrete/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(mule-util display-line-numbers cus-edit cus-start wid-edit mailalias
mailclient textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-
confusable
textsec-check qp pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail mail-utils cl-extra shortdoc text-property-search
help-fns radix-tree help-mode whitespace cus-load gtimelog derived cl
hi-lock url-http url-auth url-gw nsm puny mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr finder-inf emacs-goodies-loaddefs
clang-rename clang-include-fixer let-alist clang-format xml info
package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv url-vars
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer
select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj
charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 282451 18681)
 (symbols 48 11615 6)
 (strings 32 51404 3032)
 (string-bytes 1 1283531)
 (vectors 16 49765)
 (vector-slots 8 1497663 173838)
 (floats 8 89 80)
 (intervals 56 988 0)
 (buffers 992 15))

-- 
Olivier Crête
[email-masked]