Subject: bug#55836: closed (Re: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 11:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55836: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55836
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 19:50:45 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tino Calancha <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 9 Nov 2022, Po Lu wrote:
>
>> However, with something similar the second change, it seems to work for
>> at least half of our users, which is better than having iconification
>> work for nobody at all.  So would you be so kind as to check if the bug
>> is now fixed on master?
>
> Your patch fixes the issue in my test machine [1].
> Thank you!

Thanks.  I'm closing this bug then.

Subject: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.
From: "koaaa.outlook" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 20:06:49 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.  *
This issue is not present under X11 sessions.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Run 'emacs -Q' within a (e.g. KDE Plasma) Wayland session.
2. Input 'M-x iconify-frame C-m'.
3. Maximize emacs again.

Expected Behavior: Buffer area keeps on updating itself.

Observed Behavior: Buffer area freezes at the moment where
'C-m' is put in. The menu bar updates as normal.
Emacs responds to user input without redrawing the buffer area.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6)
of 2022-06-06 built on soomakan
Repository revision: dc9337aacd682b6346b7918ec9b3067e3a06269b
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
--with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
--enable-autodepend --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2
--with-pgtk --without-xaw3d --with-sound=alsa
--without-compress-install --with-json
'--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
-fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -g
-ffile-prefix-map=/home/koaaa/.cache/yay/emacs-git/src=/usr/src/debug'
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: C
value of $LC_NUMERIC: C
value of $LC_TIME: C
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 57609 7544)
(symbols 48 5706 0)
(strings 32 16226 1785)
(string-bytes 1 542740)
(vectors 16 12655)
(vector-slots 8 278543 13041)
(floats 8 21 25)
(intervals 56 247 0)
(buffers 992 10))