Subject: Re: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.

From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 11:59:56 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Nov 2022, Po Lu wrote:

> However, with something similar the second change, it seems to work for
> at least half of our users, which is better than having iconification
> work for nobody at all.  So would you be so kind as to check if the bug
> is now fixed on master?

Your patch fixes the issue in my test machine [1].
Thank you!

[1]

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-11-10 built on
  localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: f8df45f853752bb842af453dd05ccb64d990b767
Repository branch: master
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
  'configure --with-pgtk --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
  --enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
  --with-gnutls=ifavailable'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX MODULES
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB