Subject: Re: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.

From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:06:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Sep 2022, Po Lu wrote:

> Could you install debug info for GDK, put breakpoints on both
> window_state_event (in pgtkterm.c) and
> gdk_wayland_window_handle_configure (in gdkwindow-wayland.c)?

I don't know how to set the second breakpoint :-|

This is what I have done:

1. Installed packages gtk3-debugsource, gtk3-devel-debuginfo, libgtk-3-0-debuginfo

After that, I can see the file at:
/usr/src/debug/gtk3-3.24.31-150400.1.11.x86_64/gdk/wayland/gdkwindow-wayland.c

2.
M-x: gdb RET

(gdb) b pgtkterm.c:5458
Breakpoint 2 at 0x752a69: file pgtkterm.c, line 5458.
(gdb) b /usr/src/debug/gtk3-3.24.31-150400.1.11.x86_64/gdk/wayland/gdkwindow-wayland.c:1657
No source file named /usr/src/debug/gtk3-3.24.31-150400.1.11.x86_64/gdk/wayland/gdkwindow-wayland.c.
Breakpoint 3 (/usr/src/debug/gtk3-3.24.31-150400.1.11.x86_64/gdk/wayland/gdkwindow-wayland.c:1657) pending.
(gdb)