Subject: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 20:50:26 +0800

夜坂雅 <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Another thing I found interesting: I also used M-x server-start so
>> emacsclient can control this Emacs. Without your patch,
>> When I iconify Emacs via emacsclient by running:
>>
>> $ emacsclient -e '(iconify-or-deiconify-frame)'
>>
>> I can't deiconify it using the same command. But I can deiconify it
>> using the taskbar (I use Latte Dock's taskbar), and the bug doesn't
>> happen.

That's to be expected.  It turns out that programmatically deiconifying
a window isn't supported by the Wayland protocol (see here:
https://wayland.app/protocols/xdg-shell#xdg_toplevel is missing a
function corresponding to "SetMinimized" to disable the minimized
state), so GDK and Emacs don't support it either.

>> But when I apply your patch, running
>>
>> $ emacsclient -e '(iconify-or-deiconify-frame)'
>>
>> and deiconify it using taskbar, the bug happens.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  What happens if you comment out
every call to `SET_FRAME_ICONIFIED' in pgtkterm.c?