Subject: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.

From: 夜坂雅 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 19:26:52 +0800

I have tried to reproduce this but failed.

> Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> This breakpoint actually hits whenever the emacs frame gets focus, and
>>> makes debugging quite annoying.

Yes.

>>> Here's the strange thing: when a breakpoint is set there, the issue is
>>> not present; when the breakpoint
>>> is deleted and the procedure repeated, the issue reappears.

I tried:
1. In GDB, setup the breakpoint.
2. When the emacs got focus, switch to GDB prompt and run `continue'.
3. Switch back to the Emacs window, it should now stuck. Hit C-z, then
switch to GDB prompt and run `continue'.
4. Emacs should iconify itself. Deiconify it. It'll hit breakpoint
again. switch to GDB prompt and run `continue'.
5. Select Help in the menu bar. It'll hit breakpoint. switch to GDB
prompt and run `continue'.
6. The menu should pop up. run the Emacs tutorial.
7. Scroll in the Emacs window.

The Emacs tutorial can be scrolled.
However when I disable the breakpoint, When I deiconified the Emacs
window, it doesn't update even I tried to launch Emacs tutorial.

>> I didn't understand what you said, but I guess you should make the
>> breakpoint conditional on "FRAME_ICONIFIED_P (f)".

I tried, but GDB failed to setup this condition with:
No symbol "FRAME_ICONIFIED_P" in current context.