Subject: bug#55836: 29.0.50; (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.

From: "koaaa.outlook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 20:06:49 +0200

* (iconify-frame) freezes buffer view under Wayland.  *
This issue is not present under X11 sessions.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Run 'emacs -Q' within a (e.g. KDE Plasma) Wayland session.
2. Input 'M-x iconify-frame C-m'.
3. Maximize emacs again.

Expected Behavior: Buffer area keeps on updating itself.

Observed Behavior: Buffer area freezes at the moment where
'C-m' is put in. The menu bar updates as normal.
Emacs responds to user input without redrawing the buffer area.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6)
of 2022-06-06 built on soomakan
Repository revision: dc9337aacd682b6346b7918ec9b3067e3a06269b
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
--with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
--enable-autodepend --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2
--with-pgtk --without-xaw3d --with-sound=alsa
--without-compress-install --with-json
'--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
-fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -g
-ffile-prefix-map=/home/koaaa/.cache/yay/emacs-git/src=/usr/src/debug'
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: C
value of $LC_NUMERIC: C
value of $LC_TIME: C
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 57609 7544)
(symbols 48 5706 0)
(strings 32 16226 1785)
(string-bytes 1 542740)
(vectors 16 12655)
(vector-slots 8 278543 13041)
(floats 8 21 25)
(intervals 56 247 0)
(buffers 992 10))