Subject: bug#55834: 29.0.50; gnus: Z n in digest group does not catch up

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 11:26:33 -0400

> * Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> [2022-06-07 19:11:59 +0200]:
>
> Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Expected behavior (observed until about a month ago?):
>> `Z n` should catch up the digest and move on to the parent group; if
>> there are no unread message (my case) it should also catch this one up
>> and move to the next group with unread messages, marking this group in
>> *Groups* as empty (this is the regression: it did so before, but not
>> anymore).
>
> Are you sure that it ever did this?

Well, I think so - but I could be wrong.

> So I'm wondering if you have some special code to deal with
> digests/"parent" groups?

Nope.

Please consider this bug report as an RFE ;-)

Thank you!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
https://youtube.com/channel/UCiW5WB6K4Fx-NhhtZscW7Og https://ij.org/
Hypocrisy is the Vaseline of political intercourse.