Subject: Re: guix pull fails on local channel

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 08:32:24 +0200

Am Dienstag, dem 07.06.2022 um 00:20 +0000 schrieb Kjartan Oli
Agustsson:
> 
> I recently installed the full Guix system, and after reading the
> sections of the manual about channels I set one up for my personal
> modifications to existing packages.  Everything worked fine until I
> committed changes to one of those package definitions and re-ran
> 'guix pull' which fails with:
> 
> > Updating channel 'kjartan' from Git repository at
> > 'file:///home/kjartan/guix-custom'...
> > Authenticating channel 'kjartan', commits 3bd6c82 to 6677083 (1 new
> > commits)...
> > ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> > #<unknown port>:5:1: unexpected end of input while searching for: )
> If I delete the git repository and re-initialize it the pull is
> successful, but once I commit any changes to this new repository the
> problem re-appears.  Does anyone have any clues as to what could be
> wrong, or how I could go about debugging this?
Chances are that the changes you're trying to commit are ill-formed. 
Use an editor that highlights brackets such as Emacs to find out where
you are missing one.  If it's in the middle of the file, marking the
whole file and pressing TAB once should make the fault visible – if
it's towards the end, enter closing parentheses until they are no
longer matched up with anything prior.

Cheers