Subject: bug#55826: guix pull fails on local channel

From: Kjartan Oli Agustsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 00:20:29 +0000

I recently installed the full Guix system, and after reading the
sections of the manual about channels I set one up for my personal
modifications to existing packages.  Everything worked fine until I
committed changes to one of those package definitions and re-ran 'guix
pull' which fails with:
> Updating channel 'kjartan' from Git repository at 'file:///home/kjartan/guix-custom'...
> Authenticating channel 'kjartan', commits 3bd6c82 to 6677083 (1 new commits)...
> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> #<unknown port>:5:1: unexpected end of input while searching for: )
If I delete the git repository and re-initialize it the pull is
successful, but once I commit any changes to this new repository the
problem re-appears.  Does anyone have any clues as to what could be
wrong, or how I could go about debugging this?

If it helps the channel definition is:
(channel
  (name 'kjartan) 
	(url "file:///home/kjartan/guix-custom")
	(introduction
		 (make-channel-introduction
      	"3bd6c82a5bb588c35ead0458036aac0ef60f166a"
				(openpgp-fingerprint
		    	 "4801 0D71 49C0 1DD6 E5FD  6AC9 D757 2FE3 605E E6B0"))))

-- 
Kjartan Óli Ágústsson

GPG Key fingerprint: 4801 0D71 49C0 1DD6 E5FD  6AC9 D757 2FE3 605E E6B0