Subject: Re: bug#55825: [PATCH] Reconvert EPUB buffers when user CSS is changed

From: Kjartan Oli Agustsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 21:51:46 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Are you sure 'change is TRT here?  What kinds of changes did you want
> to watch in this case

I'm trying to detect a change in the contents of the file, which would
probably mean that the CSS rules have been modified.

>(it isn't clear from the doc string or the log message)

Yes, I see now that I forgot to add a mention of this in the docstring
when I added the file watcher, I will rectify this.

> 'change is a synthetic event, and it means slightly different things
> with each file-notification back-end, so I wonder whether 'change is
> portable enough here?

From what I could see from the docstring of `file-notify-add-watch'
'change seemed the most appropriate, but if you think something else
would be better I will gladly modify the patch to use that instead.

-- 
Kjartan Óli Ágústsson

GPG Key fingerprint: 4801 0D71 49C0 1DD6 E5FD  6AC9 D757 2FE3 605E E6B0