Subject: Re: bug#55825: [PATCH] Reconvert EPUB buffers when user CSS is changed

From: Kjartan Oli Agustsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 21:40:09 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Did you mean to remove the doc-view-mutool-user-stylesheet user option
> instead of renaming it?

I did rename it, I believe I also moved it a few lines down as well to
make sure some other variable/function was defined first (It's been a
while since I wrote that part of the patch, I can't remember the exact
reason).

> In any case, the patch has the following warnings:
>
> In doc-view--epub-reconvert:
> doc-view.el:238:44: Warning: Unused lexical argument `event'

Yes, I'm not sure what the best way to get rid of this one is.  If
`doc-view--epub-reconvert' doesn't take `event' as an argument it will
cause a warning about being called with to many arguments when used as
the callback for the file watcher set up in
`doc-view-custom-set-epub-user-stylesheet'

> In doc-view-custom-set-epub-user-stylesheet:
> doc-view.el:256:16: Warning: reference to free variable `doc-view-epub-user-stylesheet'

If I recall correctly then defining the variable before the function
would cause that definition to either emit a warning, or error, because
the function (which is passed as the `:set' argument to defcustom)
hasn't been defined when said defcustom is evaluated.  Any advice on how
to get rid of either of these warnings would be greatly appreciated.

-- 
Kjartan Óli Ágústsson

GPG Key fingerprint: 4801 0D71 49C0 1DD6 E5FD  6AC9 D757 2FE3 605E E6B0