Subject: bug#55811: 29.0.50; No flymake diagnostics for no-byte-compile files

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 09:49:05 -0400

Lars Ingebrigtsen [2022-06-07 14:42:29] wrote:
> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> Well, there are some.  If you open, say, lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs.el,
>>> you'll get a whole bunch of compilation errors, and you don't want to
>>> see those, I think?
>>
>> Why not?
>
> Because they can't be byte-compiled -- that's why they're marked as
> such.  :-/

I don't see the relevance.  I'm not trying to byte-compile the file.
Instead I'm trying to get the byte-compiler to give me feedback about
the file.

Sometimes files marked with `no-byte-compile` will indeed give fairly
poor feedback, but not always, and in any case I find poor feedback
better than no feedback at all.

        Stefan