Subject: Re: bug#55806: [PATCH] gnu: install: Add uvesafb service only on targets that support v86d.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 18:09:31 +0200

Thank you so much Josselin.  I didn't know how to do this.
At the time building for ARM was no priority.

On Mon, Jun 06, 2022 at 04:16:34PM +0200, Josselin Poiret via Bug reports for GNU Guix wrote:
> -          (service guix-service-type
> -                   (guix-configuration (authorize-key? #t)
> -                                       (guix (current-guix))))

I had to remove the (guix (current-guix)) but now `guix system image
-t iso9660 gnu/system/install.scm` builds on a rock64 aarch64 machine,
but it is still building and I could not yet test in qemu.  I have not
tried the embedded-installation image.

(I also had to disable tests on guile-fibers, but it is unrelated to
the bug and may be needed only on rock64, which has other unrelated
hangups when much RAM is used.)

I don't commit much except translations, but guess I should remove the
not working %host-type shenanigans in uvesafb-service-type, add your
copyright line and push.  I will do so when there are no other
comments.

Regards,
Florian