Subject: Re: bug#55800: using rgrep function interactively with fido-mode or fido-vertical-mode causes errors

From: Yilkal Argaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 10:15:53 +0300

> from:Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> to:Yilkal Argaw <[email-masked]>
> cc:[email-masked]
> date:Jun 5, 2022, 8:45 AM
> Could you please show a complete recipe, starting with "emacs -Q" and
> listing all the commands needed to reproduce this problem?  That is,
> start with "emacs -Q", then invoke the command to use
> fido-vertical-mode, then the command to use rgrep with all of its
> argument, and anything else that is needed for the error to appear.

> Thanks.

My report was made after trying it out in "emacs -q". And here is the
recipe after replicating it inside emacs -q
```
Start emacs with emacs -q
M-x fido-vertical-mode                    ;; fido-mode has the same
effect I tried
M-x rgrep
ethiopic                                           ;; the string to search
.                                                       ;; select
default=all for file type  by simply cliking just press Enter
~/Documents/src_codes/emacs      ;; select the directory to rgrep in
and press Enter

```

I hope this helps in recreating it. I have tested it without fido in
"emacs -q" and it works.
I think it had something to do with.

With Regards

On Sun, Jun 5, 2022 at 8:45 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Yilkal Argaw <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 04:11:02 +0300
> >
> > using rgrep along with fido-mode or fido-vertical-mode causes the
> > following error.
>
> Could you please show a complete recipe, starting with "emacs -Q" and
> listing all the commands needed to reproduce this problem?  That is,
> start with "emacs -Q", then invoke the command to use
> fido-vertical-mode, then the command to use rgrep with all of its
> argument, and anything else that is needed for the error to appear.
>
> Thanks.