Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/1] Add chromium-web-store extension

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 10:48:01 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 04.06.2022 um 03:02 +0200 schrieb [email-masked]:
> From: Anthony <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hi, folks!
> 
> This patch adds chromium-web-store browser extension. Although I would
> like to use Guix as well for installing chromium extensions, this is
> currently too cumbersome. I've tried to "pack" a couple of extensions,
> some did work, some didn't.
Do submit those that work.

> So, I decided to fallback to Chrome Web Store for now. This chromium-
> web-store is only missing part to do that.
You can do that, but as for the inclusion in Guix, please refer to the
FSDG [1], particularly "The system should have no repositories for
nonfree software and no specific recipes for installation of particular
nonfree programs. Nor should the distribution refer to third-party
repositories that are not committed to only including free software;
even if they only have free software today, that may not be true
tomorrow."  Our importer infrastructure is already bending that rule;
there's no need to break it.

Cheers

https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html