Subject: bug#5579 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#5579: An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 02:45:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#5579: An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
5579: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5579
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5579: An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:44:42 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bogdan Creanga wrote:

> "Chapter 4.1 Finding More Information" and "Conclusion" apparently
> report a wrong name, `find-tags';  I tried to search this function
> with C-h f chord, but found nothing.  It seams that `find-tags' was
> intended as `find-tag' (without the final `s').

Thanks, you are correct. I fixed this.

Subject: An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp
From: Bogdan Creanga <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:49:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello there.

I am writing hoping I could help you solving a little error I have
discovered into, no doubt about that, the excelent Robert Chassell's
"An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp."  I took as reference
the edition 3.08, 4 October 2008;  I have tried to figure out if there
were more recent versions of the document, without success, though.

"Chapter 4.1 Finding More Information" and "Conclusion" apparently
report a wrong name, `find-tags';  I tried to search this function
with C-h f chord, but found nothing.  It seams that `find-tags' was
intended as `find-tag' (without the final `s').

Hoping my message won't wipe out too much time, given the opportunity,
I want to thank you for the beautiful programs you are writing.

Bogdan Creanga