Subject: Re: bug#55776: maven-core fails to build

From: Remco van 't Veer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 16:25:23 +0200

2022/06/04 15:47, Julien Lepiller:

> So I figured I could fix java-plexus-component-metadata that we use to
> generate some xml files during the build of maven. jdom is one of its
> inputs. Adding another jdom to the native inputs would probably not fix
> the issue.

Reverting the jdom upgrade patch, I did get mave-core to build.  I admit
I did not try running it.  My interest in maven is as a dependency to
clojure-tools, I don't really know how to test maven is actually working
by itself.

> What I did instead is, since jdom wants to set more features than
> supported in the driver, to add dummy support for all these additional
> features by just not throwing the exception. It's not very satisfying,
> but it works and we don't keep a vulnerable jdom around. With the
> attached patch, I built up to maven.

Smart!  I look forward to seeing your patch land in the main branch.

Cheers,
Remco